Starting The Admission Process

Take the first step in turning your passion for make-up artistry into a profession with a rigorous education at MUD.

To enroll in any Make-up Designory (MUD) course of study, students must first complete a Student Application Form and submit a registration fee of $100.00. All prospective students must also submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent or successfully pass an Ability to Benefit Test. Acceptable items as proof of high school graduation will include a transcript that includes a graduation date or an American High School Diploma.

As a part of the enrollment process and before securing a seat in class, all potential students are required to complete an interview process. The interview process includes a formal conversation with an Admissions Advisor and extends into interaction with other departments via phone conversations, e-mail correspondence, and in-person meetings. During the formal conversation, Admissions Advisors will gain pertinent information from the prospective student to determine educational and career goals.

International Students

Each year, MUD welcomes students from around the world – at our Campus in Los Angeles. If you are an international student who is interested in traveling to the U.S. to study at our Los Angeles or New York Campuses, here’s what you need to know in order to enroll and study at MUD.

  • While make-up artistry is a visual art, minimal English language proficiency is required. Students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language in order to apply.
  • Students who completed secondary school in a country where English is a primary language can provide proof of proficiency with a U.S. high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent.
  • Students who completed secondary school in a country where English is not a primary language can provide proof that they have successfully completed a secondary-school English language course or a minimum TOEFL score of 50.
  • If you have attended secondary school outside of the U.S., you must provide documents that offer proof of completion of compulsory/customary secondary education in your native country, such as the equivalent of the American High School diploma. All records or transcripts covering secondary school work must be submitted for evaluation to determine that acceptable minimum requirements have been met.
  • Proof of completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in your native country, will also be accepted.
  • MUD is authorized to issue I-20 documentation for M-1 visas for students who are enrolled at school.
  • MUD’s I-20 document is only valid for an M-1 visa and can only be provided for the period of time during which the student is registered at MUD.
  • Students will be required to provide MUD with financial records, to establish that they will have sufficient funds to cover the costs of tuition, materials, and living expenses during their stay in the U.S.

Admission FAQs

Do you accept transfer credits?

Make-up Designory accepts transfers of credit and hours from MUD Studios, MUD Partner Schools, and Bellus Academy.

Do you offer job placement services?

While we can’t guarantee employment, MUD Make-up Designory is pleased to offer continuous graduate assistance to active students and graduates in good standing through the Student Services Department.

Do you offer financing for your programs?

Yes. At MUD we are proud to offer financing to those who need it. For more information on what kind of financing we offer, contact us.

Ready to Get Started?Let’s Talk!

We are on Instagram
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There has been a problem with your Instagram Feed.

Los Angeles

129 S. San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91502


Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm